In case you're new to Stitch Fix, here's a quick run-down on how it works: Not all of my fixes have been great, but I continue to get them because the pieces I DO keep I find myself wearing the most. It helped me realize that I tend to wear the same few items over and over– the ones I invested a little more money in. I have a bad tendency to buy quantity over quality when it comes to clothing, so I have tons of cute cheap clothes that fall apart in less than a year.
With Stitch Fix, it’s like having a personal stylist and shopper. You get to choose the price range for each item, how often you want your fix and add specific notes for the fix. For example, for several fixes I've requested dresses for specific occasions.
Your fix also comes with photo ideas for how to wear the items (with clothes you may already own.)
- $20 styling fee upfront, but you get to deduct this from the items you decide to keep
- set a schedule for your fixes (like monthly) or schedule as the mood strikes
- set up a detailed style profile + include twitter and Pinterest links (gives your stylist a better idea of your personality)
- choose the price range you’re willing to spend for each category
- 25% discount if you buy all 5 items
- 3 days to decide which items to keep
- the shipping is free to return any unwanted items
- $25 for each person you refer
Here's what I got in my latest fix:
For this fix I requested some options for an upcoming wedding I'm attending in Denver, CO. I mentioned the time frame and weather.
My stylist's note was perfect. She described how I could use the different pieces while I'm at the wedding or nighttime events. I'm really happy with this fix!
1. Brixon Ivy James Laser Cut Dress in Cobalt - Kept
2. Kensie Quinna Lace Sheath Dress in Black - Returned
I really liked this dress, but when it came down to it, I didn't need another LBD for the price and it was a little big. I didn't get a good shot of the detailing, but there was lace on parts the dress as well.
3. Freeway Callaway Textured Dress in Off-White - Kept
I love this dress. It fit really well (maybe a little short) but overall it was perfect.
4. Le Lis Leavy Lace Sleeve Knit Top in Dark Gray - Returned
I loved the material in the middle of the sweater. It was super soft and smooth, but I just couldn't get into the sleeves. I like lace, but I wasn't into the colors.
5. Renne C Huebert Space Dye Open Cardigan in Gray - Kept
This was a little more than I like to spend on sweaters, but the material was so nice and I can see dressing it up or down, so I went with it. I've already worn it twice, so it was a good choice!
See my past Stitch Fix reviews here:
Stitch Fix Review #1: Clothes Shopping with Intention Stitch Fix Review #2: Clothing Fails Stitch Fix Review #3: Shopping for Body Shape Stitch Fix Review #4: Clothing for an Event Stitch Fix Review #5: Good Customer Service, Disappointing Fix
Interested in having your very own personal stylist send clothes to your doorstep? Try Stitch Fix here. It's been a lot of fun so far!
In the Comments:
What do you do to make sure you get a good fix from Stitch Fix?